Monday, September 28

Just a little gem...

[Setting: 8:30 on a Sunday evening, front entryway of our house. We are preparing to go out for a walk in hopes of getting Baby Nance here before Halloween...]

me: (to Mark, as I tie my shoes) Why are you holding your golf club?
Mark: (glancing at the driver in his hand) Because we're going for a walk.
me: (As I am without words, I say nothing.)
Mark: (in a matter-of-fact tone) Anytime we'd go out walking after dark, my dad would always bring something, like a baseball bat or something. You know, just in case. Had to use it once... on a dog.
me: Seriously?
Mark: Fine, I'll take the putter instead.

6 comments:

  1. haha! If people have to take a weapon for an evening stroll in Utah, then why don't they lock their doors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha, that is SO funny!!! Danny seriously dreams of the day he can beat somebody up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much the best story ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love it. I can so hear you guys saying this. Its pure awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great story. It actually reminds me of when I worked at a mini golf course. I often worked at night and so I would carry a golf club around with me for protection. They're great weapons. :)

    ReplyDelete