Wednesday, June 30

Art City Days Parade

The parade is the big event for Art City Days, especially if you're a Nance. We all get together to watch the parade and then go to Uncle Dave's for the annual barbecue.




Our neighbors were distributing candy.
The tail end of the marching band.
Look at those Sonic carhops go!
The summer library sea monster.
The SHS drill team (I think).
And, the tractor. I actually used to serve the guy driving it coffee every day. :)

Doesn't Mark look handsome with his beard?

The 3 generations of Nance men...
Poor Ronald McDonald. All he had was a boombox strapped to the back of his golf cart. He was driving with one of his overly large shoes on the gas pedal and trying to dance at the same time. McD's has really gone downhill!
I just think these trikes are cool.
One of many royalty floats.... I thought the attendants were sitting on Abe's lap, which they are not. :)
Habitat for Humanity's entry.
This is Phil. He plays the drums on a trailer in the parade every year. The jury is still out on what he does the rest of the year.
Reams! We love our fresh produce here.
I'm sure this car would be cooler and faster if it was from USU instead of BYU...


All in all, Paul wasn't too impressed. The floats were moving too slowly for him to be entertained, so he watched the kids across the road running for candy instead. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lou, now everyone in the world can see the parade for themselves...although you missed the very last act in the parade- the "Sweaty Chicks!" Oh, well, next year will come soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete