Wednesday, June 30

Art City Days 5K

How would you spend the early morning hours of your first Saturday of summer? Well, if you're a Nance of the Waddoups persuasion (my family), you'd be out running 3.1 miles at the annual Art City Days 5K. This was the race we'd been training for. Well, not really THE race, but one of the races. This was my first real race and I loved it! It was fun running with all those people (around 2500), and especially fun to pass a lot of them. :)
I finished in 27:37, well under (at least to a runner) my goal of 30 minutes. I was pretty happy with myself. That was 403rd overall and 13th in my age division (women 20-24).

Mark (and Paul) finished in 26:10, 321st overall and 8th in the men's stroller division, which wasn't exactly what he had in mind. He was hoping to place in the top 5 in the stroller division, and I'm confident he would have if our KSL-purchased stroller hadn't 1) gotten a flat tire as we were waiting for the race to start and 2) lost a wheel about a quarter of a mile into the race. I guess you get what you pay for. :)

After the race, they have a huge drawing for prizes. My 4-year-old niece won this $400 ladder. She was very happy about it!


Aren't my boys the handsomest?!?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. I can't believe he did so well even with such bad luck with the stroller. That is amazing! You did great too. I am pretty sure that I couldn't do that!

    ReplyDelete