Tuesday, April 13

Our February

So, it's been awhile.... How are you all? I hope you've survived okay in the absence of fresh news from the Nances.

Here's what happened in our February:

We smiled because... who wouldn't smile at this?

We read some books (during tummy time).
We finished looong overdue Christmas presents.

We found out all of us love love love Paul's new activity center and bouncer.
We read some more books.
We rolled over. While reading some more. (Yes, all of us rolled over. Someone has to be an example for the child.)

We read some more books before bedtime because we LOVE books.
We spent some quality time in our Snuggie. It does fit two, in case you were wondering.

We wished everyone a happy Valentines Day!
We made some pizza. At home. From scratch.

We enjoyed aforementioned pizza. Really enjoyed it.
And, to end the month right, we read some more books.
 In case you didn't notice, we love reading. We love books. As we speak (Is that okay to use in written language? Should it instead be 'As you read what I have written'? Please advise....), there are piles and piles of books (over $500 worth!) sitting in our living room waiting to be covered with contact paper (to ensure long and happy lives) and, possibly, to be read before they are delivered back to the school. Because we love books.

And because we love books so much, we've done even more reading since then. Partly because we are voracious readers, but more so because we are addicted to winning! You see, we are having a competition with Mark's 4th grade class to see who can earn the most Accelerated Reader points.

Mr. Nance's class doesn't lose (if at all possible). This year, they wonthe Box Tops for Education competition and brought in the most items for the food drive. They are the class to beat at their school. And Mr. Nance and I intend to beat them because if Mr. Nance's class never loses then you can bet that Mr. Nance's family for sure never ever loses. The competition ends on Friday, and so far the Nances are in the lead! We read like crazy over Spring Break and earned 155 points in one week. I know, we amaze even ourselves.

Anyway... time's a-wastin'. We're outnumbered 30 to 2, so we have not a moment to spare! I'll let you know how the competition ends. For now, I'm off to read Peter and the Starcatchers. I'll tell you about our March soon. :)

5 comments:

  1. SO FUN! I bet Mark is the BEST teacher ever! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY For snuggies! Look at all that reading. That is a little crazy. Hey, I had this background for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when family encourages reading! So neat. Nick and I both were avid readers from the minute we could--it's actually what got us dating! Nothing could be better for a child (or a family!). Mark is a great teacher and I commend him for trying to implant a love of literature in those children.

    You're a great mom, and thanks for all your advice and encouragement! I look forward to another post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog. It definitely helps me to get my Nance family fix. I think you need to post again soon. I need another fix. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Moly! He's getting so big! And you just really made me want homemade pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete