Thursday, April 29

More books!

In the middle of March, Mark got "the best package ever" thanks to Scholastic:
50 non-fiction books for $50!
Mark also got to spend $500 (school money) buying books, plus some of his own teacher money so he can have books in his next classroom, wherever that may be. Literally, books everywhere at our house.Stacks and stacks, including 36 of the Magic Treehouse books. When my 7-year-old niece Bethany came to sleep over, she put them all in order for us and stayed up late (and then woke up early) to read! (She and I so share some genes somewhere... putting books in order and staying up late to read sounds like me now when I was a kid) We do what we have to do to make her think that we're cool. :)


Now we are just working on covering the paperback ones with contact paper so they'll last longer. I was going to get them all done over Mark's spring break, but we were too busy reading. Speaking of which...
WE WON!
(If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the last couple paragraphs of this post.)

So, our reward is that we get to take ourselves out to dinner. We're thinking we'll try either Smokehouse Pizza and BBQ or Terra Mia Ristorante...since we have gift certificates for both of them, thanks to 80% off sales at Restaurant.com

I told Mark that since we won, each of his students should have to do something extra, like bring him a candy bar or something, but he decided that wasn't very nice and really didn't reinforce any learning objectives. This is why he's the teacher and I'm not. :)

3 comments:

  1. I would have done something similar. I am mean like that! I want to come read at your house! I miss being able to find every book that I want to read. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a job and what a DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Baby Paul and Mark is SO cute. :)

    ReplyDelete