Mark's class just happened to earn Baby Paul's visit the day before his birthday... so we went to visit with cupcakes. Paul enjoyed his cupcake very much... more so than he enjoyed his cake the next day at his party. :)

He didn't really get the idea of opening presents, but he loves the toys!
The cake pre-smash (although there was very little smashing). I spent way too long frosting it and making sure the sprinkles were ONLY on the sides... to the point that I forgot to remove one of the paper towels that I used to line one of the cake layers! Paul didn't notice and neither did Grandma Waddoups when she ate a slice later. :)
Paul wasn't really sure what to think of the cake thing...
with everyone watching...
but once he got a taste of the frosting, he liked that...
so he very delicately pinched off little chunks of frosting to eat.
We handed him a spoon to help...
but he preferred just licking the frosting off the candle.
And then he realized that there were cupcakes right behind him, so he turned around and grabbed one of those instead.
Which he promptly devoured
in just a couple bites.
So, next kid... I'm skipping the cake and just making him one awesome cupcake. :)



I laughed and laughed about your mom. Seriously might die laughing kind of laugh. So funny. Paper towels are nutritional right?
ReplyDeleteYou are a cake extraordinare! I wouldn't have even known to put paper towels in between layers. What is that all about?
ReplyDeleteI am so freaking glad you guys live here and we get to crash your parties! :) Can't believe he's a year old. My coworkers get to hear about Paul at least once a day and asked me if I'll be as astounded and amazed by any other nieces or nephews that come along....I just don't know. He's too adorable.
ReplyDelete