Even though our day-to-day lives aren't nearly as interesting as fun baby pictures, I am bored. So you are being subjected to a run-down of our month. :)
We were lucky (?) to have the furlough over the University's spring break from the 9th-13th, so I got the whole week off. I spent the whole week in Springville with both sides of the family, but Mark came back for work Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Usually our weekends down there are crazy and hectic trying to see everyone, so it was SO nice having a whole week. We got to play with everyone and see everyone that we wanted to. We would have taken all sorts of great pictures, but our camera has stopped working properly...
It was so hard coming back to real life, but we managed to transition back to the humdrum busy-ness of our Logan life. Right after spring break, Mark started his 6-week practicum in a first grade classroom. He's been enjoying it, but I think he's now 100% convinced that first grade is NOT the grade for him. He says that he really likes the challenges of teaching the basic beginning topics, and he loves that the kids really pay attention and listen to him, but he comes home almost every day with stories about how easily the kids cry, or how painting was a disaster that day. :)
I've just been on campus all day, in class and working. I really love my job, but I can't say so much for my classes... I've lost pretty much all motivation in my classes, and lately I've been so tired that getting to class on time at 8:30 in the morning is near impossible. :)
All in all, we are so blessed! We have wonderful family and great friends supporting us, and we thank you all so much for everything that you do for us.
Saturday, March 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



That baby counter at the top is too cute!! I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you when you were down here but the time I did was fun. Thanks for coming over and seeing The Maxie :)
ReplyDeleteI have to laugh about Mark and 1st graders. I can't even imagine how hard it is- I'd probably say something horrible to the kids when they cry...you know me :) Patience personified. That's why the Primary teaching years are remembered with a horrified fondness :) Think of the things I'll do to your poor kid! :)
Glad to hear all is well- and good luck with the last month of school! You can do it ;)
Love ya
Just so you know I am officially blog stalking you. FYI, I can't blog stalk if you don't post :)
ReplyDelete